Please note the following information and observe the following procedures carefully if applying for the Title IV-E BSW/BSSW Tuition Assistance Program. Failure to fully complete and submit application materials by the deadlines listed could result in disqualification or delays to your admittance to the Program. Please be sure to provide an accurate email address, in that, most communications will occur via email.
To be eligible to apply for admission to the Title IV-E BSW/BSSW Tuition Assistance Program, students must:
Fall Semester – June 15th
Spring Semester – November 15th
Application Procedure and Materials
Please note the following information and observe the following procedures carefully if applying for the Title IV-E BSW/BSSW Tuition Assistance Program. Applicants will be assessed on the strength of their recommendations, GPA, writing sample, and completeness of application materials. Students who submit the strongest applications based on these criteria will be asked to interview at a regional DCS office. Regional leadership will review the applications and background screens and then make decisions about which candidates are selected for the program.
Failure to fully complete and submit application materials by the deadlines listed could result in disqualification or delays to your admittance to the Program.
1) Complete the Application-Title IV-E Tuition Assistance BSW-BSSW Program.
2) Complete the application essay.
Directions: Take some time to read through these websites and then answer the following questions based on the information you learned. Please address each question with a short essay. Your essay should be no longer than 5 pages.
|Department of Children’s Services website:
|The Child Welfare Information Gateway:
3) Request at least three recommendations using the following form (instructions for preparations noted on form): Student Reference Recommendation-Title IV-E Tuition Assistance Program
4) Official academic transcripts.
5) Complete the following two forms needed to perform a criminal background check.
6) Schedule a consultation with your social work academic advisor and complete the following form: Plan of Study-Title IV-E Tuition Assistance Program
7) Read carefully and feel free to ask questions prior to signing: Program Agreement-Title IV-E BSW-BSSW Tuition Program
8) Complete the form giving DCS permission to perform fingerprint background checks if you are asked to be interviewed: Fingerprint Application
Please complete all required documents and mail them in one package prior to the application deadlines. Successful completion of all application materials are required to be considered for entry into the Title IV-E BSW/BSSW Tuition Assistance Program. Once complete, please send all application materials to:
Department of Children’s Services
Title IV-E Tuition Assistance Program
c/o Sirena Bragg – Program Manager
Cordell Hull Building 7th Floor
436 6th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37234
OR scan and email to: