> Veterans Education
> VETS Program
TN Veterans Education Transition Support (VETS) Program
Passed into law in 2014, the Tennessee Veterans Education Transition Support (VETS) Act establishes a program of recognition for higher education institutions which allocate resources for veterans’ successful transition from military service to college enrollment.
An institution receiving VETS Campus certification not only prioritizes outreach to veterans, but successfully delivers the services necessary to create a supportive environment where student veterans can prosper while pursuing their education.
To qualify for the VETS Campus designation, institutions must:
- Conduct an annual campus survey of students who are veterans to identify the views, needs, issues and suggestions of veterans;
- Provide information to faculty and staff about military and veterans’ culture, including combat-related mental or physical disabilities or other challenges;
- Administer orientation programs for students who are veterans;
- Facilitate mentoring and support programs for students who are veterans;
- Develop outreach and communication strategies for military bases located near the campus, for the purpose of assessing veterans’ educational goals and meeting their identified needs;
- Create and maintain a process for the assessment of prior learning that grants academic credit to veterans for transferable training and experience attaining through military service; and
- Provide, on the campus website, information on the availability of prior learning assessments and potential program credit for skills, training or education obtained during military service.
Eligible institutions may apply for designation as a VETS Campus by submitting a written request to THEC, attention Veterans Education/VETS, outlining all outreach services offered to veterans.
For additional information on the Tennessee VETS Program, contact Tom Morrison at 615-741-7569 or email@example.com.
Approved VETS Campuses
Please Send all Requests or Comments to:
Tennessee Higher Education Commission
Veterans Education/State Approving Agency
Attn: Tom Morrison or Deborah Gardner
Parkway Towers, Suite 1900
404 James Robertson Pkwy.
Nashville, TN 37243
E-mail: Tom Morrison
E-mail: Deborah Gardner
Phone: (615) 741-7569 or 741-3606
Fax: (615) 741-6230