Long-Term Services & Supports
Home and Community Based Services for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
10/31/14: UPDATE TO THIS SECTION: Appendix C Waiver Service Definitions have been revised based on feedback received from stakeholders, including consumers, families, providers, and advocates. These revised definitions have been submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval, and are now available to view on this page.
TennCare and the Department of Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) have released a Concept Paper about the future of the state's Home and Community Based Services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- For a summary of key points in the Concept Paper for people currently receiving waiver services, click here.
- For a summary of key points in the Concept Paper for people waiting for services, click here. Community meetings about the Concept Paper were conducted across the state with consumers, their family members, providers and advocates.
- To view the Consumer/Family presentation, click here.
- To view the Provider/Advocate presentation, click here.
- To view the Questions and Answers, click here.
- To view a summary of stakeholder input on the Concept Paper, click here. Section 1915(c) Home and Community Based Waiver Service renewal application sections are now available for public comment.