Registration and Attestation in the Provider Incentive Payment Program
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Who is eligible to participate in the TennCare Medicaid EHR Provider Incentive Program (PIPP)?
The following Medicaid professionals (EPs) are eligible to participate to in the PIPP (see 42 CFR § 495.304(b)).
- Physicians (both Medical and Osteopathic)
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- Physician’s Assistants (PAs) when the PA works in an FQHC led by a PA, or in an RHC so led by a PA.
Hospitals (EHs) eligible to participate (42 CFR § 495.304(a))
- An Acute Care Hospital (where the average length of stay is less than 25 days)
- A Critical Access Hospital (CAH)
- A Children’s Hospital – In 2013, CMS will work with children’s hospitals that are not separate entities to assign a pseudo-CCN to allow these hospitals to participate in the PIPP.
Keep in mind that registration and attestation is for EACH provider separately. While the EHR incentive payment can be directed to a group practice or clinic, each provider must separately register and attest.
Additional information about registration and attestation can be found on these pages.