Duplicate Handgun Permit or Change of Address
By law if you move, you are required to notify us of your new address within sixty (60) days. You may notify the Department of Safety to change your address on our records, by calling toll-free 1-866-849-3548 or online at https://dl.safety.tn.gov/.
If you wish to receive a permit with your new address, or if you have misplaced or lost your handgun carry permit, you will need to apply for a duplicate.
To Receive a Duplicate Handgun Carry Permit
- You will need to complete an application. To receive an application by mail call (615) 251-8590.
- Complete and sign your application. Mail the application and the $5.00 fee payable by check or money order to the following address:
- Tennessee Department of Safety
Handgun Permit Office
1150 Foster Ave.
Nashville, TN 37243-1000
- You may also get your duplicate application at any Driver Service Center. The Driver Service Center cannot issue the duplicate handgun carry permit.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
To Change Your Address Without Getting a New Handgun Carry Permit
You have the option to change your record, and not have the address shown on your permit. For information about changing your record online, visit the online address change page at https://dl.safety.tn.gov/.