Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Question 8

Am I still required to file a SR-22 if I am not going to apply for a Tennessee driver license?

Answer: Yes, if that is one of the requirements for reinstatement. If you are licensed in another state or have moved and will be applying in another state for a license, but your privilege to drive is suspended in Tennessee, you are still required to file SR-22. You need to contact a liability insurance company in your state of residence so if there is a cancellation of the insurance policy the company will notify our department.

Back to Financial Responsibility FAQ Menu