Please verify ONE of the following:
- U.S. photo driver license or photo ID card or license from another country
Note: The Tennessee Certificate for Driving is NOT acceptable for proof of identification or residency.
- May also include photo learner permits
- Licenses not issued in English, must be translated and accompanied by a Certificate of Accurate Translation or valid International Driving Permit
- Original or Certified Birth Certificate
Note: Foreign birth certificates, not issued in English, must be translated and accompanied by a Certificate of Accurate Translation.
- Must be original or certified copy, have a seal and be issued by an authorized government agency such as the Bureau of Vital Statistics or State Board of Health.
- Hospital-issued certificates and baptismal certificates are NOT acceptable.
- Military Identification
- Active Duty, Retiree or Reservist military ID card
- Discharge papers
- Military Dependent ID card
- Passport (Valid) -- Passports, not issued in English, must be translated and accompanied by a Certificate of Accurate Translation. Passports are not acceptable if expired.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement documentation
- Certificate of Naturalization N-550, N-570, N-578
- Certificate of Citizenship N-560, N-561, N-645 Northern Mariana Card, American Indian Card
- U.S. Citizen Identification Card (I-179, I-197) Temporary Resident Identification Card (I-688)
- Travel Documents - Record of Arrival and Departure (I-94)
- I-551 issued to the applicant
- U.S. Re-entry Permit (I-327)
- Employment Authorization card (I-688A, I-688-B, I-766)
- Travel Documents - Record of Arrival and Departure stamped Asylee, Parolee or Parole, refugee, asylum, HP (humanitarian parolee) or PIP (public interest parolee)(I-94)
- Refugee Travel Document (I-571)
- Canadian documents Immigration Record and Visa or Record of Landing (IMM 100)
- Canadian Department of Indian Affairs issued ID card
- Marriage Certificate -- Must include the applicant's full name and date of birth. The certificate must be the copy that is registered AFTER the marriage--NOT just the "license" authorizing the union.
- Adoptive Decree -- Must include the applicant's full name and date of birth.
- Legal Change of Name (Divorce, etc.) -- As recorded in court decree with judge's original signature and/or official court seal.
- Any other documentary evidence which confirms to the satisfaction of the Division the true identity of the applicant.
Please verify TWO of the following:
- Computerized Check Stubs --Must include the applicant's full name pre-printed on the stub.
- Union Membership Cards -- Must include the applicant's full name
- Work IDs -- Preferably with photo
- Financial Institution Documents -- Computer printouts of bank statements, savings account statements, loan documents, etc.
- Social Security Documents --SS Card (original only not metal or plastic replicas), printout, benefits statements, etc.
- Health Insurance Card -- TennCare, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.
- IRS/state tax form -- W2 Forms, Property tax receipts, etc.
- Military Records -- Assignment orders, selective service cards, Leave & Earnings Statement, etc.