The Tennessee Department of Revenue offers a variety of resources for those interested in starting a new business in
Tennessee, whether a business is currently located in Tennessee or looking to relocate here. In addition to the necessary
requirements to start a business, incentives are available for relocating and expanding business in the state.
- Instructions for Opening a Business in Tennessee - Learn about necessary taxes and registration requirements here.
- General Revenue Provisions - View due dates, penalties and waivers, interest, refunds, audits and the Taxpayer Bill of Rights.
- Tax Registration for Your Business - Register your business, add a new location to an existing business, update our account or close a business at this link.
- Available Incentives - Tennessee offers many varied incentives through tax credits and refunds to qualified businesses.
Businesses new to Tennessee and existing business expansions may qualify for one or more incentives.
- Closing Your Business - What you need to know to close your business with the Department of Revenue.
- Tangible Personal Property Taxes (Division of Property Assessments) - Learn more about taxes due on all tangible personal property used or held for use in your business. This tax is a local tax administered and collected at the local level.
- Office of Small Business Advocate - The Office of Small Business Advocate serves as a point of contact to state government for owners of businesses with 50 or fewer employees. The SBA Office provides information and answers questions for Tennesseans who are starting a small business or who already own a small business or assists in the resolution of issues concerning small businesses and state departments and agencies.