Enclosed please find the official complaint form of the Tennessee Real Estate Appraiser Commission. Before you file with our office, the Commission requests that you read the following information which explains its function, responsibilities and powers.
- The Commission was created to enforce the Tennessee Real Estate Appraiser Law. Its power and authority exists only within the area authorized by the Legislature. In order to protect the public welfare, only those who meet the requirements for licensure are licensed; furthermore, licensees who fail to follow the laws governing the conduct of the profession are disciplined.
- We cannot recover or order the refund of any money or property to which you may be entitled. You should consult with your own attorney about a lawsuit for such matters. In certain instances, a judge may revoke or suspend the license of the person against whom you are complaining (the respondent).
- Attach legible copies of all pertinent documents, etc. Notarization for this Commission will have no effect on the handling of the complaint; therefore, it is not necessary for you to have your complaint notarized. If you use the on-line complaint form, please mail in a copy of any appraisal or other supporting documentation you may have. You may also e-mail that information to Nikole Avers.
- Upon receiving your complaint form, we will send a copy to the respondent asking for his/her response within 14 days. We will also send you a notification of our receipt of the complaint. If a response has not been received within 14 days the matter will be forwarded to legal counsel without benefit of response.
- Once the response has been received, the complaint and response will be sent to our legal staff for review, and if additional information is necessary, an investigation will be initiated. The legal staff will present the findings to the Commission, which has the sole authority to determine the appropriate action. You will be notified of the Commission's determination.
- If the Commission determines to hold a formal hearing, you may be subpoenaed to testify.
- You may mail your complaint information to:
State of Tennessee
Real Estate Appraiser Commission
500 James Robertson Pkwy
Nashville, TN 37243-1166
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact our office Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. CST, at (615) 741-1831.
Print Complaint Form [pdf] | Online Form
Click the link above to view and print a copy of the Tennessee Real Estate Appraiser Commission instructions and complaint form.