Any person engaging in the business of providing a security
guard and patrol service on a contractual basis for another person. If
the person is a partnership each partner must qualify; if the person is
a corporation or an LLC an agent of the corporation must qualify.
Experience Or Examination Requirements
- Owner or Qualifying Agent must be at least 21 years of age.
- A U.S. citizen or resident alien.
- Be legally, mentally competent.
- Free of habitual drunkenness, narcotics addiction or dependence.
- Be of good moral character.
- Meet statutory insurance requirements.
- Satisfy the experience or examination requirement (See next section).
- Applicants must provide three (3) credit references from lending institutions or business firms with whom a credit record has been established. These references must be original documents from the lending institution, must be in
standard business letter form and must appear on the institution’s letterhead.
- Applicants must submit electronic fingerprints for processing by the TBI and FBI for criminal history check.
- A Certificate of Insurance which meets the requirements of T.C.A. 62-35-114.
- Possess at least three (3) years of experience as a manager, supervisor,
or administrator with a contract security company or proprietary security
- Possess at least three (3) years of supervisory experience satisfactory
to the Commissioner with any public law enforcement agency in the United
States (including military).
- Pass an examination designed to measure knowledge and competence in
the contract security company business.
- Examination Information
Click Here to
download the Application.
Fees and Related Costs
- Click Here for to see a table of
fees related to applying and renewal of Contract Security Company licenses.
- Contract Security Company Licenses are renewable every two (2) years.