Department of Human Services
Families First Online Policy Manual
FAMILIES FIRST APPLICATION WHEN CASE CLOSED OR DENIED LESS THAN THREE MONTHS
· The applicant must complete the one page paper application.
· The applicant must be interviewed and have all points of eligibility reviewed.
· All matches must be resolved.
· Verify the following factors of eligibility:
- That the point(s) of eligibility which caused the previous denial or closure no longer exists.
- Assistance unit composition.
- Deductible expenses.
- Resources if questionable.
The Eligibility and case management system will require that all eligibility factors be verified. Unless the information is questionable at the time of the interview, accept the previous verification and the statement of the applicant for the verification other than those listed above.
· Renegotiate the Personal Responsibility Plan
· The AU is applying within three months after closure due to a child support or work sanction.
· The AU was closed due to excess resources, but it reapplies within three months and is now within the resource limits.
· AU failed to submit required verification(s) within specified time frames, but it did so at a reapplication within three months of the denial.
· AU was closed due to income from employment, but the affected person is now unemployed (and did not voluntarily quit a job without good cause) and reapplies within three months of closure.