Department of Human Services

Families First Online Policy Manual

Citizenship and Alien Status




Table of Contents


To receive Families First, an individual must be a citizen or an alien lawfully admitted to the United States.


The citizenship or alien status of each assistance unit member must be acknowledged on the citizenship section of the application form (HS-0169).


The entire AU is ineligible for assistance if any adult applicant refuses or fails to sign HS-0169 or if the adult relative refuses or fails to sign for a minor in the AU.


An ineligible alien will be excluded from the Families First AU, but may receive a grant for children in his/her care, if they are eligible.



Table of Contents