Department of Human Services

Child Care Certificate Program Online Policy Manual

Low-Income Diagnosed Disability and Developmental Delay Assistance




Table of Contents


A signed statement of developmental delay must be made by either a licensed professional (e.g., such as physician, psychologist, psychiatrist, mental health clinic social worker or the teacher working with the child) or a worker from an early intervention agency such as Tennessee Early Intervention System, Head Start special services staff, or similar agencies funded by DMHDD/DIDS.


For the school-age child or pre-school child receiving school services, a teacher or the professional must state in writing that:


1.      the child exhibits social, physical, cognitive, or emotional problems, or


2.      the child is below grade level for her/his age or is not passing, or


3.      assessments indicate the child is at-risk for educational problems.



Table of Contents