Skip to Content

Human Services - Contact Information


  • Child Care Complaint Hotline: 1-800-462-8261
    Please call this hotline to file a complaint or report suspected licensing violations or possible illegal child care operations.

  • Child Support Customer Service: 1-800-838-6911 or in the Nashville area (615) 253-4394. If you are calling from a cell phone and have free long distance please call (615) 253-4394 rather than the toll free number.
    Please call this hotline if you require assistance with a collection or disbursement matter.

  • Family Assistance Service Center: 1-866-311-4287
    or in the Nashville area: (615) 743-2000
  • Calls are answered 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
    The Family Assistance Service Center answers calls and can make changes to your Families First, Food Stamps, Medicaid and TennCare case.
    For out of state verifications, please fax (615) 687-5535.

  • Food Stamp Program: Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Customer Service: 1-888-997-9444

  • Office of Customer Service

    400 Deaderick Street, 15th Floor
    Nashville, TN 37243-1403
    Please contact the DHS Office of Customer Service for all other customer issues or inquiries.

  • Customer Feedback Form

    The Department of Human Services is committed to providing quality customer service to all citizens. Our goal is to provide services in a professional, respectful and timely manner. We are constantly striving to improve our processes and value your input. In the event we have exceeded your expectations or did not meet your expectations for quality customer service, please submit a compliment or complaint.


<<Back to Contact Information