Lake Barkley Watershed (05130205) of the Cumberland River Basin – Group 5 (2008)
Water Quality Management Plan
The Lake Barkley Watershed is located in the northwestern section of Middle Tennessee and includes parts of Cheatham, Dickson, Houston, Montgomery, Robertson and Stewart counties. It is approximately 2,343 square miles (982 square miles in Tennessee) and drains to the Cumberland River. There are 72 known rare plant and animal species in the Tennessee portion of the Lake Barkley Watershed.
Other sites within the Lake Barkley Watershed include:
- Barkley Wildlife Management Area is managed by TWRA.
- Cheatham Reservoir Wildlife Management Area is a 1,988-acre tract on the Cheatham Reservoir and is managed by the TWRA.
- Cross Creeks National Wildlife Refuge is an 8,862-acre site along the Cumberland River in Stewart County, Tennessee. Learn more at www.fws.gov/crosscreeks/.
- Fort Donelson National Military Park memorializes a key Civil War battle in 1862, and comprises 572-acres. Learn more at www.explorekentuckylake.com/stewart/attractions/attractions.htm.
- Haynes Bottom Wildlife Management Area is managed by the TWRA and is located in Montgomery County.
- Land Between The Lakes Wildlife Management Area is a 170,000-acre site managed by the U.S. Forest Service (USFS). Learn more at www.lbl.org/AboutLBL.html.
- Stewart State Forest is a 4,277-acre forest located in Stewart County, Tennessee and managed by the Tennessee Department of Agriculture, Division of Forestry. Learn more at www.tn.gov/agriculture/forestry/stateforests/3.html.
Table of Contents
Summary - Lake Barkley Watershed
Chapter 1 - Watershed Approach to Water Quality
Chapter 2 (1.7mb) - Description of the Lake Barkley Watershed
Chapter 3 - Water Quality Assessment of the Lake Barkley Watershed
Chapter 4 (42.6mb) - Point and Nonpoint Source Characterization of the Lake Barkley Watershed
Chapter 5 - Water Quality Partnerships in the Lake Barkley Watershed
Chapter 6 - Restoration Strategies
Title Page for Lake Barkley Watershed
Appendices: Appendix I, Appendix II, Appendix III, Appendix IV, Appendix V
Waters with EPA Approved Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL)
Barkley Reservior - Total Maximum Daily Load for E. Coli in the Lake Barkley Watershed in Cheatham, Dickson, Houston, Humphreys, Montgomery, Robertson and Stewart Counties. Approved 12/26/2007.