Guntersville Lake Watershed (06030001) of the Tennessee River Basin – Group 5 (2008)
Water Quality Management Plan
The Tennessee portion of the Guntersville Lake Watershed is located in southeast Tennessee and includes parts of Franklin, Grundy and Marion counties. It is approximately 1,983 square miles (337 square miles in Tennessee) and drains to the Tennessee River. There are 68 known rare plant and animal species in the Tennessee portion of the Guntersville Lake Watershed.
Other sites within the Guntersville Lake Watershed include:
- Little Gizzard Creek Small Wild Area is a 329-acre site classified as a Tennessee Valley Authority Natural Area. Learn more at www.tva.gov/environment/land/habitat.htm.
- Franklin State Forest is a 7,291-acre forest managed by the Tennessee department of Agriculture, Division of Forestry. Learn more at www.tn.gov/agriculture/forestry/stateforest06.shtml
- Battle Creek Wildlife Management Area is a 79-acre site managed by TWRA.
- Nickajack Lake is a 10,370-acre reservoir on the Tennessee River managed by the Tennessee Valley Authority. Learn more at: www.tva.com/sites/nickajack.htm.
- Bear Hollow Wildlife Management Area is the Tennessee portion of the Nature Conservancy’s Walls of Jericho purchase of 21,453-acres in Alabama and Tennessee.
Table of Contents
Summary - Guntersville Lake Watershed
Chapter 1 - Watershed Approach to Water Quality
Chapter 2 (1.4mb) - Description of the Guntersville Lake Watershed
Chapter 3 - Water Quality Assessment of the Guntersville Lake Watershed
Chapter 4 (14.1mb) - Point and Nonpoint Source Characterization of the Guntersville Lake Watershed
Chapter 5 - Water Quality Partnerships in the Guntersville Lake Watershed
Chapter 6 - Restoration Strategies
Title Page for Guntersville Lake Watershed
Appendices: Appendix I, Appendix II, Appendix III, Appendix IV, Appendix V
Waters with EPA Approved Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL)
Guntersville Lake - Total Maximum Daily Load for E. Coli in the Guntersville Lake Watershed in Franklin, Grundy and Marion Counties. Approved 03/12/2008.