Tennessee Teacher of the Year Award 2014-15
The Teacher of the Year program recognizes and honors outstanding teachers in Tennessee. We applaud teachers who care about children, who devote their professional lives to enriching the lives of Tennessee children and who demonstrate exceptional gains in student achievement. Goals of the program are:
- Promote effective teaching practices
by recognizing and rewarding outstanding teachers.
- Encourage participation by every school
in the state so that all Tennessee teachers may be recognized and
- Build a network of local and state
- Provide a network for teachers to share
- Encourage a sense of professionalism
- Encourage greater participation in
building a strong community-school partnership.