The following programs provide training opportunities to those with disabilities.
- RISE Project: The RISE project serves schools in Shelby, Tipton, Fayette and Lauderdale counties in West Tennessee who are dedicated to creating positive, supportive, and inclusive educational environments that include all people
- Tennessee State University Master's Level Speech-Language Pathology Online /Distance Education Program
- Trevecca University Master's Level Vision Institute
- Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic-Tennessee Chapter (RFB&D) & Learning Through Listening Are you, as a teacher, parent, or student dealing with issues of blindness, visual impairment, learning disability, or physical disability that hinder using standard textbooks? If so, read on and access the recommended links. RFB&D has, for more than 60 years, provided audio educational assistance to print-disabled students. That means students who are blind or visually impaired, or who have learning disabilities, or students with certain physical disabilities that hinder their ability to use standard print. RFB&D has more than 46,000 digitally recorded education titles covering all subjects, from Kindergarten through Graduate School. Schools or individuals can access the library through memberships and play our books through software, handheld or desktop CD players, and now even by downloading our books to portable media devices such as mp3 players. Independent research studies by major universities have documented significant improvements by students using RFB&D materials.
- VSA Arts of Tennessee - VSA Arts of Tennessee is a statewide nonprofit organization with a mission to provide opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in and express themselves through the arts and arts education. We offer artist residencies, professional development for educators, competitions/scholarships in music and writing, exhibitions and performances.
- Writing Instructionally Based IEPs Tied to Tennessee Academic Standards
- Response to Instruction & Intervention Initiative Webinar
- Response to Instruction and Intervention Parent Webinar 8-26-13
Special Education Supervisor's Institute Nov. 6-8, 2013
- Consolidated Planning & Monitoring Update
- C.O.R.E. Offices Update
- Career & Technical Education
- Data Services Team Overview
- IDEA Dispute Resolution
- Instructional Progamming
- Introduction to Tennessee Early Intervention Services (T.E.I.S.)
- L.E.A. Fiscal Responsibility
- RTI² through Special Education Intervention...
- SPED Preschool (619)
- Making APR Related to, and the Catalyst for, Improving Student Outcomes
- Treatment & Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (T.R.I.A.D.)
Last Update: January 15, 2015