For the purposes of TAEP, an eligible organic working farm/existing operation is involved in the production of certified USDA Organic products (fruits, vegetables, meats) for sale and is aimed at increasing profitability of the operation.
• Organic Fruit producer
• Organic Viticulture producer
• Organic Vegetable producer
• Organic Farm Fresh Meat producer
• Applicants may only submit one Application B per Federal IRS Schedule F, per person, per application period.
• Applicant must be certified USDA Organic or working towards certification to qualify. Certification must be current at time of reimbursement request.
|Standard Producer – 35% Cost Share - $10,000 Maximum|
|All approved applicants with organic projects are eligible for 35% cost share.
There are no special requirements for 35% cost share.
|Master Producer – 50% Cost Share - $15,000 Maximum|
|To be eligible for 50% cost share, all approved applicants with organic projects must complete all special
requirements prior to the program reimbursement deadline of May 1, 2016.
|Special Requirements for 50% Cost Share|
|Applicant must be USDA certified Organic (certificate and current letter of compliance) at time of reimbursement.|
|Additional Special Requirement Information|
The proposed activity/project must encompass quality expansion or improvement of the applicant’s farm and business. The eligible categories are:
Farm Infrastructure, Specialty Equipment and Marketing. Examples of eligible and ineligible items are provided on page 15.
• Priority is given to projects that are focused on improving or increasing production.
• Marketing projects are also strongly considered depending on the individual producer’s market.
TAEP staff will coordinate with UT Extension and USDA to verify compliance. Applicants will need to send a copy of their USDA Organic certificate and most current letter of compliance for TAEP records.
|Eligible Organic Items:|
Fan – greenhouse
Packing line equipment
Fruit stock –
* Include dimensions and designs
|Examples of Ineligible Items – Most Commonly Requested|
|For additional information call 1-800-342-8206 or email producer.diversification@TN.gov|
|Click here for more references|
|Eligibility Requirements||Application Rules||Application B Materials||W9 Form||Application B Instructions|