- Applications must be submitted during the application period June 1-7, 2014.
- Applications may be submitted by one of the following methods:
- Online – June 1, 2014 through June 7, 2014.
- Mail – Applications must have a postmark date ranging from June 1, 2014 through June 7, 2014.
- Hand delivery to TDA, Holeman Building, 424 Hogan Road, Nashville, TN 37220 between June 2, 2014 - June 6, 2014.
- Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
- Applications postmarked or hand delivered prior to June 1, 2014 and after June 7, 2014 are ineligible.
- Application A cost share requests will be approved by priority level.
(Genetics, Livestock Equipment, Livestock Working Facility Cover, Hay Storage, Livestock Feed Storage, and Grain Storage)
Application B cost share requests are evaluated on a competitive basis by industry sector. (Producer Diversification).
Applicants may only submit one Application A per premises or property, per family owned land, per household, per business, per application period.
Applicants may only submit one Application B per premises or property, per family owned land, per household, per business, per application period.
Applicant will be notified in writing of approval or disapproval. Allow 12 weeks for application processing.
- Applicants must prioritize their requests in the order of importance to their operation in 2014. (1=first priority, 2=second priority, 3=third priority).
- Applicants can apply for no more than three cost share requests per application period.
- Receipts/payments dated prior to June 1, 2014 are not eligible.
- Cash receipts or receipts for in-kind services are not eligible (trade-in value is not eligible).
- Used equipment, used materials and leased equipment are not eligible for cost share reimbursement unless otherwise noted.
- Labor provided by applicant or their employees is not eligible for cost share reimbursement. Labor of any type is not eligible under
- Applicant cannot be reimbursed for purchases from a business where applicant participates in ownership (producer cooperatives excluded).
- Applicants cannot combine projects with other applicants.
- Proof of payment is required in the form of cancelled check copies (bank provided cancelled check copies are acceptable), cashier’s check, money order or credit receipt/statement.
- Reimbursement documentation must be postmarked or hand delivered by the deadline. Allow 10 weeks for processing. Additional processing time is required for incomplete requests and requests submitted within one month of the program deadline. Please note that it could take up to 6 weeks after payment approval date for checks to be processed.
- There can only be one reimbursement payment per cost share approval. Projects must be completed before submitting reimbursement documentation.
- Failure to complete projects and utilize any allocated funds can affect eligibility for future program participation.
- Falsifying applications, invoices or other documents submitted to TDA may make producer and farm ineligible to participate in present and/or future TDA programs, and may result in civil litigation or criminal prosecution.
- Applicant must utilize equipment and structures purchased with cost share funds for the intended purpose of the program for a minimum of three continuous years from date of purchase.
- Site visits relating to the performance of the activity before, during and after completion may take place.
- Applicants may be required to repay funds if they fail to comply with all aspects of the cost share guidelines.
Tennessee Department of Agriculture may:
- Accept, modify or reject any or all requests.
- Modify program criteria, approval and payment processes.
- Provide partial funding for specific activity components that may be less than the full amount requested.
- Require additional information from the applicant.
- Deny payments for projects that do not meet requirements.