Study in a specialized field at an out-of-state college, while paying in-state tuition rates.
What is the ACM?
The Academic Common Market is a tuition-savings program especially for college students who live in the 16 states that are members of the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB), a nonprofit education organization. If you live in an SREB state*, you may be able to enroll in an eligible degree program offered in another SREB state—but pay in-state tuition rates. Joining the ACM can save you thousands of dollars over the course of your studies. More than 2,000 students currently participate in the ACM in more than 1,800 programs at 149 institutions. The next one could be you!
You can earn a degree in specialized programs such as
- B.S., Marine Science, Coastal Carolina University, South Carolina
- B.S., Landscape Architecture, University of Kentucky
- B.B.A., Professional Golf Management, Mississippi State University
- B.S., Geological Engineering, University of Mississippi
- M.S.P.A.S., Surgical Physician Assistant, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- M.L.A., Landscape Architecture, University of Florida
How do I participate in the ACM?
It’s simple. You must:
- live in one of the 16 SREB states*
- select an eligible program for residents of your state
- be admitted to the institution offering the program, and
- certify residency in your state.
*The ACM participant states are Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia. (Note: Florida, North Carolina, and Texas participate at the graduate level only.)
ACM Contact Information
Tennessee Higher Education Commission
Academic Common Market Coordinator
Parkway Towers, Suite 1900
404 James Robertson Pkwy.
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone: (615) 532-6613
Fax: (615) 741-6230